Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Matchstick Bot

Remember last time I was talking about how I was drawing with matchsticks? Sure you do! Well here's another one that I did
Again, it's a combination of ink-pen and match-stick. All of the shading is done with burnt matches. I think that I like the treatment of this image better than the previous image, but I like the previous image better than this one overall, this being more of a doodle.

I have been thinking about the white border more lately, though. I hadn't given it much thought in the past, but I'm starting to think it has significance beyond "I like how it looks". For one thing, it gives the image a bit more definition, a space if you will. Something I'm generally searching for is a definition or space. But on another level, that definition is also a sort of a surrounding feeling thingy. Sort of like it's captured in that defined space, unable to move outside of it, where there is (often) color, or shading, or depth, or something more abstract. As such, I've added another tag "border" so I, or you, can look at all those things together and maybe get a better idea as to what's going on with it.

Or maybe it just looks good and it's easy to do.

1 comment:

thekillbot said...

here is your comment!! update!!