Saturday, March 22, 2008

Floaty Bot

Well, this isn't any good, but it's something new. I was killing time one night on the NDS waiting for a friend to come over and this little guy was born.


I got tired of focusing only on large things (like the head) and wanted a more "complete" thing. So I made the little bot and, for some reason, put a drink in his hand. Kind of looks like he's welcoming someone (the viewer?) into his home, or what-have-you. "Over here is the den, which we use as a sort of gaming room when company comes over." Or mayhaps this is a cosmic bar, and we're all meeting for drinks and he's welcoming us to whatever the pan-dimensional equivalent of a table is. "Have a seat! What are you drinking?" And all those bubbles are either other "tables", other portals to/from other dimensions, or a physical representation of intoxication. The latter is what bubbles usually mean in my work.

Maybe I should call this one "To Good Times" or something. . .

No comments: