Friday, July 4, 2008

From the Archives

I've been distracted of late. I haven't been drawing -or even doodling- much so there's not really anything new to post. So here is an old one; I did this in October of last year:



I wanted to play around with weird perspectives and some distortions, as I recall. I really like the tall guy in this, I think that the weirdness works quite well. I don't know how well the "thought-bubble-as-cloud" works, however. (Could you tell that was supposed to be an empty thought bubble that was actually a cloud in the scene?) The little "me" in lower right seems fairly confused. And who wouldn't be, to walk over a hill and see this weird segmented pillar thing as well as an even weirder giant mutant smoking and imagining clouds into existence? I really like this drawing.

The thing about going back to the archives is that I realize my drawing has been suffering for some time. I've lost sight of my goal to make something new every day. Going through the old sketch book I see a lot of stuff that I remember just scribbling out very quickly, but it looks way better than the stuff I'm scribbling out now. . . when I bother. Plus it has been nearly a month since I posted here. That makes me feel guilty because I noticed that I'm getting more hits, presumably, due to my interview in Infolepsy #2, given that I don't really promote this page otherwise. So to those of you who have been checking back, hoping for some new stuff from me, I apologize and I will do better, I promise! I'm re-instating my goal of a new creation daily and starting a new goal of at least 2 posts a month. I'll do more posts as my drawings get better and more frequent, so for now there'll probably be quite a bit of older stuff.

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!!

No comments: