Sunday, July 27, 2008

C'est ne pas une cigarette

I've been slowly getting back to the swing of things. I'm doodling a bit more and I'm Colors!ing it a bit more. Witness this following example:


I had been thinking about my cigarette holder and thinking about how it had been a little while since I drew it. I also wanted to play around in Colors! some so this seemed like a nice union. I wound up liking the text a lot. The settings on Colors! let you control the width of the brush by the amount of pressure you use with the stylus so I fired that up and played with the lettering. I think it's a lot more interesting to look at than the more uniform text I usually do (see this?). I've done a couple other things using that lettering technique, but I didn't like the results as much. But I think that I'll try using this same technique to draw the outlines of characters or what-have-you. C'est la arte!

No comments: